From 28 September 2020, the car theory test contains 3 multiple-choice questions based on a short video.
A candidate will watch one video clip instead of reading a case study, and answer 3 questions about it. You can watch the video as many times as you like during the multiple-choice part of your theory test. For example, you can watch the video once, answer a question and then watch the video again before answering the second question. For each of the 3 multiple-choice questions, you’ll have to choose one correct answer from 4 possible answers. This change is applied only to car theory test.
Tips for the case study questions
- During the theory test, you will be presented with 1 case study clip and 3 questions related to the clip.
- You can play the video as many times as you like before giving your answer. (This site offers the option to close the question from the top right corner and play the video again)
- Also the theory test will contain 50 multiple-choice questions and hazard perception test.
- The case study videos are short and silent.
- This site currently contains 9 case study videos, which is the maximum amount provided by DVSA. 2 of the clips are free.